until hurricane season 2006

Friday, February 24, 2006

Traps

I'm packing to move, as some of you may know, and I just realized a strange habit.

You know how you can prop a box open by having the corners of the lid-flaps touching ever so slightly? That works great until the least brushing upsets the balance, and the flaps fall in, a gravity trap I set for myself again and again. I have... at least five paper cuts from ornery corrugated. The technique does allow me to see the contents of the box and the spaces therein with which I may possibly be able to cram stuff in as I'm searching for said stuff to cram in, but I'm starting to think I should find a better way. Paper cuts + dry hands + constant handling and cramming of various objects = the need for several bandaids a day.

Don't you just love packing?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweetie! don't forget:

now I know this doesn't sound very badass or rockstar, but trust me, even boys need to moisturize!!

get yourself a small bottle of Lubriderm Seriously Sensitive brand moisturizer. (It's the kind reccommended by my tattoo artist, because it has no dyes, lanolin, or fragrance crap) when moving, working, travelling, flying, or whatever, rub some on after washing. When you get papercuts, or worse gashes: wash, moisturize, then apply Neosporin. trust me!! It will keep you human. And cut down on the minor damage.

10:25 PM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hah! I like the hemp hand stuff from the Body Shop, but it is a bit on the oily side... funny comment tho, and a good tip.

11:31 PM, March 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home